Famous last words: The semester's almost over

To try to rack up a little bit of extra credit and reflect on the end of my college career, I wanted to write a little bit about this class and what else I'm up to outside of class.

I feel good about this class — I can get enough points to end the course with a B, which is OK with me! I know I'm passing the class now, and that gives me some relief toward the end of the semester. I had a lot of fun with my storybook this semester. It gave me a chance to do some types of writing I never get the chance to practice in my journalism classes, and I love that I got to read Jeff Provine's book! I'd wanted to for some time since coming to OU, so I'm glad this class helped me carve out the time and the reason to.

Outside of class, I'm almost a college graduate! After I graduate next Saturday, I'm going to be a breaking news reporter at the Dallas Morning News for a yearlong internship. I'm really excited, and my dad and I went to Dallas this weekend to scope out some apartments. I applied for an apartment I like that's not too far from where I work, so hopefully I can get accepted and sign a lease soon! All of that was really stressing me out, so I'm happy I'm making some progress on it.

Overall, it's been a good semester! I've done good stuff I'm proud of in class and outside of it, so I can't complain.

Apple and calendar. Web source: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts